Thursday, March 5, 2009

Rubrics & Rubistar

I happen to love rubrics. I feel it is very helpful when a teacher gives an assignment and hands out a rubrics to follow as a "guidleine". It may not seem like it could help you alot but when you think about it rubrics allow you to follow exactly what should be in the assignment. I never really use to find rubrics helpful until maybe the end of middle school begining of high school. Now i've learned the importance of rubrics and how to make one when i was introduced to the site called Rubistar. I think that it's a really great and helpful site. I've actually used it when i did my lesson plans to teach for two of my education classes and it came in handy! I also plan on using it when i do my sophmore field teaching, hoping that i get to do a lesson for the class i'm in! I'm so glad i was introduced to Rubistar and i'm also glad i understand the many uses for rubrics better than i did when i was younger because they really are helpful!
*i showed the site to my mom who is a fifth grade teacher and she fell in love with it and uses it to make rubrics now!*

No comments:

Post a Comment