Friday, January 23, 2009

introduction and my outlook on assessments

hey everyone as you know in my last blog i introduced myself but ill go a little more into detail now =] my name is marisa and i'm a transfer sophmore at SPC. i love the school and the professors are so nice and helpful! my major is elementary ed and psychology i would love to teach either kindergarten or first grade. I realised i wanted to become a teacher when i started babysitting. I always get along well with children and i always find myself teaching them things even if i'm not trying to. I've been working at a nursary school in a pre-k class for the past year and a half and i absolutly love job. I have a close bond with the kids so they are very comfortable to talk to me when they have a problem. Having a passion for kids is a bigggg thing for people who want to become teachers. If that's not you then the profession isnt for you either.

To me an assessment can be really anything. I learned that it doesnt have to be just a test or a quiz. Assessments can either be a test, quiz, homework, or something as simple as oral questions in class. I think it's important to rememebr that assessments shouldn't jsut be based on test and quizzes because every child is different, some are great at those and others do better with verbal questions and answers.

1 comment:

  1. Marisa,

    Thanks for a great introduction!

    You will learn much more as the semester continues.

    Great to "see" you again!

    ReplyDelete